Monday 12 April 2010

More Merry Popery




I only have a very faint memory of killing Christ, possibly a few years before I was baptised. As for the Holocaust, I have exploited it daily. My mother's days in Ravensbruck and Penig were a jape intended to blacken the name of the Catholic Church. She collaborated in this with my father who spent his happiest days in the labour camp in the Ukraine.

What is more, if the UK Government does not force the Vatican to apologise at once, I will use my financial muscle and withdraw the entire contents of my current account from Barclays Bank thus bringing the financial system to its knees. You have been warned. I am 'powerful and refined'. I passed Eng Lit O Level in 1965 like nobody's business.

The nearby well has been covered for too many years for me to poison it but give me time, and I'll find it.



7 comments:

Angela France said...

Well said, George. I watch their squirmings with a sense of dislocation - as in a hall of mirrors at the fair. It could be a very funny farce if such suffering were not involved.

Padhraig Nolan said...

Sideshows. Afraid of losing audience share to Islam, they're rolling out brocaded soapboxers like Babini & Álvarez to remind the world who really puts the mental in fundamentalism.

The scary part is how many people here in Ireland, for example, see the Ratter's man on the ground Diarmuid Martin, as a moderate and calming influence who's 'doing his best' to sort out inherited cobwebs.

Alas, the real spinning is woven invisibly into the fabric.

Alfred Corn said...

Voltaire, what an essential writer.

George S said...

Most certainly it is the best of all possible worlds...

Gwil W said...

Richard Dawkins, he of Blind Watchmaker infamy, is another demanding an arrest should the pontiff set his unholy feet on Blake's green and pleasant New Jerusalem; presumably for an offence of "aiding and abetting a felony" as it used to be called.

George S said...

...if not the best of all possible Popes.

Arresting the Pope should begin gently. A parking fine, say. Loitering with intent...

Gwil W said...

Should his Hoplesness resign there might there be worse to follow?

I think of strange churchmen like Linz's Bishop Wagner who suggested that the Haiti Earthquake might be God's punishment for the Volk practicing Voodoo; conveniently ignoring the fact that 85% of the Haitians are RC.

The same Bishop Wagner had previously told how Katrina and the Thailand Tsunmai were punishments from God!

George, I was Nothing, but now, by God, I'm a Heathen.

Sleep tight,
gwilym